I just finished this cute bear hat crochet pattern for my new nephew and couldn’t wait to share just how adorable it is! Read on down for the free pattern.
This post contains affiliate links to products for your convenience. If you purchase via my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I can’t wait for you try make this cute little bear hat!
Happy Hat Making!
The Yarn that’s perfect for this hat
When designing this baby bear hat I decided to use Heartland yarn from Lion Brand because of how soft it is! I thought it would be perfect for a little one! Don’t you agree? 🙂 This hat is great for beginner crocheters to try since it only uses single and double crochets throughout the entire pattern. I promise if you are a new crocheter, you can do this!
Uses Simple Crochet Stitches!
If you can double crochet, then you can crochet this hat. I have a tutorial here, or you can watch my YouTube tutorial on how to double crochet too. Knowledge of a slip stitch is also needed but is very simple to learn.
Let’s Get Started!
Ready to get started? Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the pattern and have fun!
BEAR CROCHET HAT PATTERN
- Crochet Hook Size J 6.00mm
- Worsted Weight Yarn (4) Lion Brand Heartland
- Yarn Needle
- Finished Size Approximately Fits a 3-Month-Old
- 16 Inch Circumference and 6 Inch Length
- The Slip Stitches in each round do not count as a stitch. (Skip them)
- Written in standard US terms
THE Baby Hat PATTERN
- Round 1: Chain 2, 10 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from Hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (10)
- Round 2: 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (20)
- Round 3: 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 4: 1 Double Crochet in each Chain around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 5-9: Repeat Round 4
- Round 10: Single Crochet Around Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Round 11: Single Crochet Around Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Fasten Off and Weave in Loose ends throughout Hat with Yarn Needle
EARS: (Make 2)
- Chain 2, 8 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet,
- Single Crochet around in each Chain (8 total Single Crochets) Slip Stitch to top of First Single Crochet
- Fasten off, leaving long tail of yarn for sewing on ears.
- Next, you will need to sew on the ears with a yarn needle and weave in all the ends.
- You can put the ears on the hat where you choose to.
- YOU ARE DONE!!
That’s it! The baby bear crochet hat pattern is now complete! This really is a quick and easy crochet baby hat pattern!
FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME
If you are looking for other crochet hats for beginners, then click here to explore my free crochet patterns!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…