If you want to learn how to crochet a slip stitch, then you have come to the right place! The slip stitch in crochet is a basic but very useful stitch used throughout patterns and most commonly as a slip stitch join.
Read on down for the crochet slip stitch picture tutorial to get started!
Gather Crochet Materials to Make a Sl St.
To get started with the slip stitch tutorial (sl st) you will need to have some yarn and a crochet hook! I recommend Caron Simply Soft, Vanna’s Choice for this tutorial.
Once you have those in hand you are ready to begin crocheting the slip stitch!
Learn to Crochet The Slip Stitch
Skill Level: Beginner
Crochet Slip Stitch Tutorial
- Start with a Chain
- Insert Hook into Second Chain from Hook (if you are in the middle of a project the calls for a slip stitch make sure to insert hook under both parts of the stitch)
- Yarn Over
- Pull through Two Loops to complete the stitch
- Insert Hook into Next Stitch & Repeat until the end of the Row
You are done with the slip stitch tutorial.
You Crocheted a Slip Stitch
You May Enjoy These Crochet Stitches Too
- Double Crochet Stitch Video
- Herringbone Half Double Crochet Video
- Classic Ripple Crochet Pattern Tutorial
- Easy Chevron Pattern Crochet Blanket
- Half Double Crochet Video
- Half Double Crochet Third Loop Tutorial
- 33 Unique Crochet Stitches for Blankets & Afghans
- 5 Basic Crochet Stitches for Beginners
- How to Make a Crochet Spike Stitch