Are you looking to make a crochet headband and want to make it the perfect size? This post can help! With this free crochet headband size chart and helpful tips, you will be crocheting a headband/ear warmer in no time at all!
Read on down to get started!
The pattern shown above is my FREE Knotted Headband Crochet Pattern
If you like this tutorial, please share it with your friends.
Get the Perfect Fit for your Ear Warmer every time!
I’ve designed quite a bit of headband & ear warmers over the years and much to my surprise I realized that I have never shared how to get the sizing perfect!
With this free chart, you will get the perfect fit every time! Promise! Once you get the knack of sizing, you’ll be making one for the whole family.
Crochet Stitches I recommend for EarWarmers
For headbands patterns when using the chart below, I would suggest trying to stick with ones that use simple stitches such as the sc (single crochet), hdc (half double crochet), and dc (double crochet) for best results.
Plus, these crochet stitches are also PERFECT for beginners trying to work up an ear warmer!
Learn the stitches mentioned above by using the links below.
The Yarn I Recommend for your Ear Warmer / Headband patterns
I love using all types of yarn for headbands, but probably my favorite is Lion Brand Woolspun! It is soft, has a great texture, and looks great when worn!
Update: Since the writing of this article, this yarn is no longer widely available. I suggest using Color Made Easy from Lion Brand Yarn as a replacement.
Click the yarn image below to check it out!
My favorite crochet ear warmer is…
Since we are talking about crochet ear warmers, I’d thought it would be perfect for sharing a few of the favorites that I’ve designed over the years. And once you mastered sizing you might even want to try one of them too!
My ALL time favorite is the chained ear warmer headband! Click the link below to check it out and let me know what you think!
Ready to check out the Crochet chart?
Keep in mind that when you are making a headband, it is ideal to know the circumference of the persons head you will be making it for.
Use the first size of the chart to gauge what size that will best work for them. After you have that done, you will then move over to the band size to determine the correct size of hat to make.
Crochet Ear Warmer / Headband Size Chart
Keep in Mind
Since MOST yarn stretches, it is good to start with a band size that is a 1-2″ less circumference than what was measured. It will give you the perfect fit 99% of the time!
You may also like these free patterns too
- Ear Warmer Headband Crochet PatternsIf you are looking for an easy winter project then one of these crochet headbands may … Read more
- Crochet Velvet Headband PatternIf you have been looking for a quick crochet pattern for velvet yarn then this pattern … Read more
- Crochet Scrunchie Pattern – Yarn ScrunchiesIf you love quick and easy crochet patterns, then this scrunchie is for you! Use the … Read more
- Super Easy Crochet Ear Warmer PatternIf you are wondering how to crochet a headband ear warmer, then you have come to … Read more
- Easy Crochet Hat Patterns for BeginnersWith so many different patterns for crochet hats available sometimes it's hard to pick just one. … Read more
Join the RPD Crochet Club Group to share your latest creations!